Update
Four months to the day after the surgery (June 24, 2005) my throat looks like this:

I'm pleased, though every so often I'll catch someone doing the "trying not to look at it" dance with their eyes.
It's hard to say how I'm feeling because I've had so much going on in my emotional life, but I think physically the Synthroid is helping. There's still a lot of muscle weakness, and I still tire very quickly, but overall I think I'm doing better.
My voice took a solid two months to come back to my normal volume and range, and then it didn't have anything like the stamina I'm used to. Even now, I still don't have the singing range at all either, but I'm working on that, since I'm assuming that a big part of that was the lack of use for so long.
We're still monitoring things carefully, and I'll have another full-body scan after the first of the year to find any lingering cancer. There's a 30% chance we'll find some, at which point I'll go through radiation again (and hopefully not have the same nauseated reaction I did the first time!)

I'm pleased, though every so often I'll catch someone doing the "trying not to look at it" dance with their eyes.
It's hard to say how I'm feeling because I've had so much going on in my emotional life, but I think physically the Synthroid is helping. There's still a lot of muscle weakness, and I still tire very quickly, but overall I think I'm doing better.
My voice took a solid two months to come back to my normal volume and range, and then it didn't have anything like the stamina I'm used to. Even now, I still don't have the singing range at all either, but I'm working on that, since I'm assuming that a big part of that was the lack of use for so long.
We're still monitoring things carefully, and I'll have another full-body scan after the first of the year to find any lingering cancer. There's a 30% chance we'll find some, at which point I'll go through radiation again (and hopefully not have the same nauseated reaction I did the first time!)


1 Comments:
At 2:39 AM,
Dana S. Whitney said…
How ARE you NOW... I'm glad your energy is recovering. I still get out of breath fast, too, and can't walk very far. The massive weight gain from comfort food isn't helping. but Im motivated. Best wishes... again.
Post a Comment
<< Home